7.13.2010

40 blocks to go...

so today i thought to myself (after work) why take the metro all the way home... why not walk.  so when I got off the subway (sorry i tend to refer to it as the metro because you buy a "metrocard") I didn't really think it through.... 40 blocks later I was home... it took me an hour only because I went grocery shopping and for some reason that too way too long, for basically 5 things.  

Well, today was interesting/annoying.  Annoying because my computer at work was being very very strange and kept freezing and not printing correctly.  So I had to keep force quitting and reopening adobe illustrator and microsoft excel.  The interesting part was going to the CK meeting at their design studio.  I met one of the designers/creative director and his right hand woman who is also a creative director/designer... I'm not going to say their names because honestly I would butcher the spelling.  Watching them look at the belts, talk about the belts, try them on, and of course make changes or suggest changes was very different than RTW.  Of course, right? But until I experienced both a fitting and a product meeting I didn't really know how different the language of that particular market was.  Learned a lot, took a lot of notes, and I definitely enjoyed it.

So no photos of my outfit today just because I was a little frazzled from my 40 block walk. :/ sorry.

But here's something my dad sent me... 



He recently bought me a head, creepy kinda but not really, for my millinery so-called-business.  Very thoughtful, but the thing creeps me out.. haha oh and the toll house cookies... they are my favorite snack to eat, raw... I know very unhealthy, blah blah blah blah.  I love them.

Home in three days!

xo<3

No comments:

Post a Comment