7.30.2012

A birthday, a dance, and a little bit of pain?

So let's start this out on Friday... After work I went up to the Feather Place on 38th between 5th and 6th and picked up some peacock feathers for my cousin's bridal hair pieces.  She wants me to do something she found off Etsy but I'm definitely going to put my own spin on it because I can't just replicate someone else's work.  So when I got home I looked through all of my lace and pearls and found what I needed. So now its time to work on that project :)



Later that night, My friend Laura and I grabbed some sushi at a place around the corner, and then we walked down 3rd Ave in Bay Ridge for the new event called the Summer Stroll.  It was ok... mostly just businesses out on the street trying to boost business. Two dance studios were performing on the street and as much as I wanted to stay and watch more, it was too hot to stay.  We ended up getting a free book, The Ghosts of Belfast, which is actually pretty good so far.


I didn't take any photos of my outfit from Friday but I was wearing the below necklace that Mal got me from Italy.  I love it.


Onto Saturday.... day started off early. Went and did laundry for a few hours, did some grocery shopping (actually a lot and it hurt carrying it home), and then got ready for some dance.


Since I got the free book I have to start wearing my reading glasses again or else my eyes start hurting really badly.


After dance, Missy and Laura came over to drink some beers and celebrate Laura's bday! It was like a 5th grade sleep-over but with beer... The electric went out mostly because my building has extremely old wiring... had to call the super and it was fixed.  Braided Missy's hair because all she wanted was a "fish-tail" braid.


 She ended up doing her nails and we made the Olympics into a drinking game. I can't really explain how, but it was basically whenever someone yelled "Drink!" we drank.
Oh, and I made Laura cupcakes and a cake, funfetti of course!





Laura ended up staying the night and we went out for bfast the next day to a cute place on 3rd called Bagel Smagel. Delicious bagels, home-made cream cheese, and the iced coffee wasn't too bad either :)




Unfortunately when I woke up on Sunday morning, my back was not up to par.... I have two knots in my back that luckily are working their way out but it was so painful yesterday all I did was lay on my hardwood floor and read/watch TV... oh wait I lied... I did that after I cleaned the apartment and hurt it more. HAH! Oh well, it's feeling better now after a day full of stiffness at work. Finally, I can move almost like normal.

Here's my only outfit photos of today.
H&M black jeans, Vince Camuto belt, Forever 21 cross necklace, some boots, and a navy/neon tank I got in Canada :)



I really need to decorate that wall...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment